Keep a Lookout for Eye Injuries
WHAT’S AT STAKE
Every day thousands of workers are exposed to sight altering and life altering eye injuries. Of those workers exposed, over 2,000 end up needing medical treatment each day because of a job-related eye injury
WHAT’S THE DANGER?
The dangers to your eyes and vision at work are easy to see:
- Flying particles, such as dust, wood chips or metal shavings, can strike or scrape the eye.
- Nails, staples or slivers of wood or metal can easily penetrate the eyeball and cause immediate loss of sight.
- Large objects striking the eye and face can cause blunt force trauma to the eyeball or eye socket.
- Chemicals, thermal exposure, and even sun exposure can damage eyes and cause blindness.
- Infectious diseases can be transmitted through the mucous membranes of the eye as a result of direct exposure to blood and other body fluids.